Monday, April 6, 2009

Boston/Perspective/Respect

Just got back from Boston. I worked a program for my brother's company - Corporate Kids Events. We did a "Children's Camp" for the NTSAD conference. If you get a chance, check out their website - NTSAD.org. These families are dealing or have dealt with the loss of their children from Tay Sachs disease or one of the many allied diseases. Our camp was for the "healthy siblings" who showed me what true compassion is. They were all amazing kids who are dealing with issues children their age shouldn't know about. I came home with a renewed gratitude for my life - and a new respect for what parents of ill children deal with minute by minute.

Home and facing the reality of every day life. My to-do list is longer than my arm, checking it off one by one....

My older daughter turns 14 tomorrow. How did that happen so fast? Crazy!

No comments: