Friday, May 15, 2009

If you feel it, Say it

The last few days were one when other people made me feel good. Now I know, we're supposed to feel good from the inside out - it doesn't matter what other people say. But let's face it - we're human and it matters. My recent weight loss has led to many compliments - which I most definitely enjoy - but we all know how short lived weight loss can be. :-) I've been skinny, I've been fat - I suspect I'll be both over and over through the years like I have been my whole life.

The moments that have made me feel good the last few days though, are the ones when people took the time to care, or to tell me the affect I've had on their life or their child's life. Everyone who knows me, knows I love to be the center of attention - I admit it. (Sometimes I wonder if that's why I manifested these hideous hives into my life - maybe they would go away if I stopped talking about them to anyone who will listen....) But, something goes much deeper when a person who doesn't know you well, or who doesn't need to take the time to share a thought - takes the time to say a kind word.

I try to do that with others - but the last few days have been a lesson to me. It doesn't matter if I know a person, or even if I'm a big fan of them, I'm going to take the time to share a positive thought or let them know the ways they have touched my life positively.

2 comments:

Lori Conforti said...

Hi Troy - I think this is a great approach - thanks for reminding me of the power of being positive - how are you? When does school end for you? My kids have one week left (yikes!) and then they're off until July - I'd love to get together and have a coffee sometime - I miss our critique group camaraderie - take care.
P.S.
I have no advice about hives, but my daughter suffers from eczema and I know how difficult conditions like this are to live with, especially when there is no "cure" and even more so when you can't pin down the cause - I hope you can find relief soon!

Troy-Michelle Reinhardt said...

I remember you talking about your daughter's eczema - I'm sorry she has to deal with that - I hope she finds relief soon too! I'd love to have coffee too! I finish on June 4. (kids finish a day earlier) Let me know when a good time would be.....