Friday, August 15, 2008

Ready, Set, GO!

This is my last weekend of summer. Here come the routines, schedules, commitments.....I'm looking forward to it though. I had a fabulous summer - one for which I am incredibly grateful. It was actually one of the best summers in recent memory. Ironically, we had no big vacations, no life altering events, just relaxing, quality time together. I'm sure it's a combination of things - older kids, the cabin, good health....whatever the reasons, I'm starting this school year feeling on top of my game.

The girls and I went in and got new hair dos today. Kate trimmed her long, straight, gorgeous locks, Bailie cut off quite a bit of length and her naturally curly hair looks amazing. I chopped all my hair off and colored it quite dark. (well, I didn't cut it off - fortunately, my very talented friend and long time hairdresser did the cutting.) I feel refreshed, funky, sort of reborn. I'm not sure how good I look, but it was a change I needed.

These books I've been reading, by Kris Radish, have me missing my girl friends. We've all been busy with our families this summer and all the other obligations of life. I want to make you all my priority. Family is important, but these kids grow up and move out. I want to keep building and deepening my female friendships. Husbands are great too, but sometimes, a woman is the only one who understands.

Okay, I have to get back to watching the Olympics - so motivating. I will dream about being that physically fit while I eat my ice cream. :-)

No comments: