Monday, August 25, 2008

School's in session and WHOLLY COW!

Well, life is back in full swing. Met my 28 4th graders today and honestly love them all. It think it's going to be a great year. It's been good being back with my peers, talking about our summers and having that adult time I used to miss when I stayed home. I do have to take time to remember all the things I practiced this summer - stay positive, stay in the moment, only say the kind words..... I don't know who said this - I'm sure someone out there will know - "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel."



Okay on that note - Wholly crap! Just when I think no one is reading my blog, I get a comment on it from my new idol - Kris Radish. To all my children's book author friends - please do not feel slighted. Knowing you, learning from you, reading your books - all have enriched my life. I brag about you all daily in my classroom and try to make myself more important by sharing that I know you. :-) I guess the difference here is just the immediate connection I felt with the writing - the characters, the situations. I've been inspired to work hard on my female friendships. They have always been important to me and I think we are all there for each other when needed - but as I've said in previous blogs and to many of you in person - I'd like us to MAKE time for each other. We need to make these relationships a priority.



Alright, I already have papers to correct and lessons to plan. The girls both have homework to be checked and papers to be signed - oh and of course checks to be written.



Oh, but before I forget, Dan and I had an amazing weekend in Tahoe listening to Toot, James Blunt and Cheryl Crow - it was the perfect end to the summer.



Find your bliss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cool!

Now I have to research Kris Radhish.

Hope to see you at the next book club.