Thursday, January 15, 2009

Small World

Got an email this morning from a college friend. (The one who got me blogging and one of my only readers - Hi Tricia!) She was having coffee with someone, they were discussing HER blog and my name came up because I comment on hers occasionally. One of the women there remembered my name from my working for her parents in college. Shuberts is my all time favorite ice cream and candy store. I worked there all through college. It turns out that this gal is running the business now because her mother passed away in 2007.

When I read Tricia's email, my memories were foggy. "What were their names? Didn't one brother buy the other one out? Who was that girl I worked with?...." I started to panic a little about aging and the memories that not only fade but just disappear. To my great relief, as I sat back and thought for a bit, the memories came back into focus.

Then the small world part of all of this started to sink in. What are the chances? I guess they are smaller now that my friend lives back in the town where we went to college, but still.... of all the people there now - they happen to be having coffee, my name happened to come up because I comment on a blog and wha la! - a connection is made. Talk about seven degrees of separation! It's wild.

Okay, off to the doctor to keep pondering the hive situation. Here's a question for my spiritually enlightened friends - if I'm supposed to not worry about how this came about but rather just let it go and trust that my body knows how to heal itself... am I being counter productive working with this Eastern Medicine doctor? Hmmmmmm........

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Hives- what hives?

It's a very small world... and town.

Troy-Michelle Reinhardt said...

For close to two years I have had hives every single day. It seems my body has decided that the slightest drop in temperature is something to fight off. It is difficult to balance - if I stay too warm, I prespire which causes my skin to cool down, which causes hives.... If I cool down too much I could go into anaphalactic (sp?) shock. It's been very life changing but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? I hope!