Monday, February 16, 2009

Food experiment update

Just an update on the food experiment and my hives. My hives have decreased dramatically - making me a believer. I've lost a total of 12 pounds - most of this in the first two weeks. I'm holding steady now - but expect that to keep going down but at a healthier rate. I must confess that on Friday after being faithful for a whole month - I ate LOTS of Valentine's candy. Then Saturday I ate ice cream and yesterday I ate pizza!!!! However - I am bag on track with a vengeance today. I suffered miserably for my sins. Again - proof that sugar and dairy are not my friends.

Before my leap off the wagon though - I have to say - I have never felt better. My skin is looking healthy again, my hives have decreased to the point that I rarely notice them, my head is clearer, I have energy and my life is not centered around food. (well, not as much anyway) The doctor gave me permission to have the occasional cup of coffee with unsweetened soy milk and the occasional glass of very dry red wine. This was so exciting at first - but I'm not really taking advantage of that as much as I thought I would. Oh, and I had my first buckwheat pancakes a couple weekends ago and I have to say they were pretty good! :-)

No new news on moving - we will be looking at the house this Friday..... still feeling skeptical about dealing with the issues in California - but not sure they are any worse than Nevada's issues!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Great news on the "diet" front!