Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chick Night!

Last night my book club friends (plus 1) came over for a "Chick Night". I need nights like this to remember why I love them all so much! Great food, lots of laughter, fantastic conversation....
It was a spur of the moment thing - but most everyone made it. The stars must have been aligned. I'm so grateful for each and every one of them.

I think we all have "sections" of our lives. We have family, we have work friends, we have friends from school either high school or college or both, book club friends, mom's group friends, hobbie or professional group friends.... I feel welcome and special in each group and cherish them all. But there are certain groups - the ones where you feel yourself start to relax and be yourself, the ones when you say things you probably wouldn't say anywhere else, the ones when laughter is more frequent and hugs abundant. That was my group last night.

It was a night of "I'm so happy right now" instead of "I'll be so happy when..."

2 comments:

Tricia said...

How great is that???

Anonymous said...

I REALLY wish I could have been there. I met with Lisa last Sunday, and heard it was a great time. It makes me sad to have fallen away from such an amazing group of women. I shall redouble my efforts so to be a part of the next get together.