Monday, December 1, 2008

Family and all that

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I brought a couple of pounds and a cold home with me. We went to my brother's home, had fun eating, talking, laughing.... all the usual for our family.

Dan, the girls, my mom, my sister-in-law and I all did the 5:00AM Black Friday shopping event. I was hard pressed to find signs of the recession at the Roseville Galleria. There were sooooo many cars and people - most with arms full of bags. We made took care of a lot our gifts - but we're scaling way down this year, so this wasn't a huge task.

When we got home, the girls, Dan and I decorated the Christmas tree then pulled out a bunch of our old holiday videos to view and reminisce (sp?) about our Christmases past. They girls love watching scenes from their childhood - we all laughed so hard remembering some of those times. We have a "giggle video" that we love to watch over and over. B is about 21 months and K is about a month old. They are just out of the bath and in undies and diapers. B keeps touching K's belly button and K lets out this high pitched happy yell that sends B into a fit of giggles. They do this over and over. We've seen it a million times and still laugh hysterically every time we see it.

These videos remind me what a great family I have. Nothing is perfect and there are days I want to get in my car and just drive - see where the road takes me. However, most moments are good moments. We watch too much T.V., fight occasionally, eat out a few too many times a month, eat some non-organic processed foods and many other things that people from the outside looking in might judge as bad parenting, but we have two fabulous children. They do well in school, clean their own rooms, make their own lunches, do their own laundry, have amazing senses of humor and even more amazing warm hearts. They are good human beings and growing more incredible by the day.

In other daily news.....

We should hear today or tomorrow about my dad's biopsy results. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

I get in to see a homeopathic doctor who practices both Eastern and Western medicine on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed that my hives will disappear and the this two year journey of hives from cold will end.

I'm thinking of going back to school.....shhhhh.... I haven't told anyone yet. :-)

If you read my blog, will you email or comment? treinhardt@washoe.k12.nv.us

Have a great day!

No comments: