Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finding the positives

Working hard to find the positives right now. It shouldn't be difficult because there are many. Have you ever noticed though how easy it is to wallow in the negative? That negative energy just feeds off itself and multiplies. I've been there for a few days. Frustrated with a student at school and the system that is perpetuating the problem - whining to my peers who understand my frustration and by doing so, feed my need to be negative. (They are trying to be supportive - I'm just taking it where I want it to go.)

I'm worried about the economy - Dan's hours and salary are being cut. We'll be fine - mostly luxuries to be hacked - but a bummer none the less.
And really, that's it. Frustration at work and worries over money. If I were to list all the reasons to feel positive - the blog would over load. Yet here I wallow any way.

Then I got an email from a friend who didn't really know the extent of my wallowing but knew I was getting deeper. All it said was to look for positive aspects in every experience. That turned a light switch for me. My emotions are within my control. Many other things are not - but those are. I can reach for a positive thought that will lead to a positive feeling. I can do that. That's empowering.

Now, I just need to remember to do it! :-)

No comments: