Monday, July 7, 2008

meditating

Okay, I tried to meditate and I just can't seem to get it. Any tips? I give up fairly quickly - maybe it's because I don't know what to expect so I just assume I'm doing it wrong. I figured being up here alone would be the perfect time to try it so then I could sort of figure it out for when I'm back in the chaos and try to do it again. Ugh...
It's cooling down here now, the sun is behind the trees and I'm on my deck enjoying the birds and the trees. We had much less smoke in the sky today - thank goodness. The heat has brought out every conceivable insect in the known world. I knew there were big spiders and ants out here - but wholly cow - there are what Dan identified as June bugs, horse flies, many different sizes and colors of moths, things that as kids we called mosquito eaters - but they must not be eating the mosquitoes because there are tons of those too!

My book club is joining me here on Thursday. I'm looking forward to the laughter and great conversation that always come out of our being together. Dan will arrive the next day and we will have a week together. I think it will be good to take the time to remember why we fell in love in the first place so that when the girls are grown and gone (already happening too quickly) we will still find comfort, laughter and joy together.

My parents will be here to join Dan and I at the end of that 2nd week and to pick up the girls at camp. Ahhh, camp. I hope Kate isn't having to use her inhaler too often with this smoke and I hope Bailie is relaxed and being her 13 year old amazing self. I hope Kate is laughing her infectious laugh and that both are making friends. I have to imagine all the good times to counteract my fear they are crying themselves to sleep. I guess that is a bit self aggrandizing - assuming they are missing me rather than lost in all the fun they are having. :-)

If you have any tips on mediating - please share - HELP! :-)

2 comments:

Tricia said...

how weird would it be if your girls are are Coppercreek???

I had to google Lake Davis and figure out proximity...

Suzanne Morgan Williams said...

I don't meditate but I did chi gong again for the first time in a long time this morning. The trick is to focus on something and let your mind float. At first it talks back to you but then you get a nice sort of buzz. That's all that happens to me - but I feel refreshed and energized when I'm done. Suzy